Hull FC clinched their seventh consecutive derby victory over Hull KR, while there were wins for Catalans Dragons and Huddersfield Giants.

Hull FC claim derby spoils, Dragons off the bottom

Hull FC moved up to fourth in the Super League standings after Jamie Shaul scored two tries in a 34-22 victory over city rivals Hull KR, who slipped to the foot of the table.

The game was only 12 minutes old when Kieren Moss got on the end of a slick break by Hull KR and went over in the corner but just over 10 minutes later his side were trailing 12-4 after quick-fire tries from Shaul and Scott Taylor, who carried the ball over after Jake Connor's kick rebounded off the crossbar.

The Magic Weekend finale swung from end-to-end, with Moss closing the gap by scoring his second try, only to see Liam Harris take advantage of some sloppy defending to restore the eight-point cushion, and Shaul grabbed a second to make it 24-10 at the break.

After 15 minutes of the second half Moss completed his hat-trick, evading Shaul to go over in the corner, but Jack Logan's first try in over two years and a further score and conversion by Connor left Rovers with too much to do, despite Tommy Lee scoring his maiden try for the club.

Catalans Dragons moved off the bottom of the table after a Jodie Broughton hat-trick helped them earn a 26-12 win over Salford Red Devils at St James' Park.

Salford made a positive start to the game, taking the lead through Weller Hauraki's ninth-minute try but Ben Garcia and Julian Bousquet went over before half-time and the Dragons led 10-6 at the interval.

The second half belonged to Broughton, who went over for his 100th Super League try after 10 minutes and then added two further scores inside 13 clinical minutes to render George Griffin's late effort nothing more than a consolation.

Huddersfield Giants extended their winning streak to three matches with a 25-22 victory over Wakefield Trinity Wildcats but were made to fight harder than they were in the Challenge Cup triumph nine days earlier.

The Giants raced into an early lead thanks to tries from Aaron Murphy, Adam O'Brien and Jake Mamo within the opening 23 minutes, but Matty Ashurst pulled one back and Liam Finn converted to narrow the gap, though Danny Brough knocked over a drop goal for Huddersfield before half-time.

Wakefield came out all guns blazing in the second half and, after consultation with the video referee, Ben Jones-Bishop's try narrowed the Wildcats' deficit to seven points.

Just as Wakefield's momentum was building, Darnell McIntosh went over in the corner for a try that proved to be crucial given that Jones-Bishop got his second of the afternoon and Ryce Lyne scored with eight minutes remaining to tee up a tense finish.

Super League matches called off

Snow leads to Super League postponements

Three Super League matches which were due to take place on Thursday and Friday have been called off or put back.

Smith undecided over future

Storm skipper Smith undecided over future

Cameron Smith is in no rush to decide whether he will play on in 2019 ahead of the new NRL season.

Wigan rally to beat Widnes

Wigan fight back to beat Widnes, two sent off as Hull defeat Warrington

Rampant Wigan Warriors scored six second-half tries to beat Widnes Vikings, while Warrington lost at Hull FC.

Thurston's Cowboys up and running

Thurston's Cowboys up and running, Pearce enjoys dream Knights debut

Johnathan Thurston made his 300th NRL appearance and a record-breaking 271st for the Cowboys as they beat the Sharks on Friday.

Percival shines in Saints win

Percival treble ensures Saints stay perfect

St Helens rolled on in their impressive start to the Super League season, with Mark Percival starring against Warrington Wolves.